Effective as of May 14, 2018
Personal Information We Collect
Emojilike collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an account, We obtain some information by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. The information Emojilike receives, and how Emojilike uses it, depends on what you do when accessing and using our products and services.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product or feature, you may not be able to use that product or feature.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Emojilike, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Device and Usage data. We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with Emojilike and our products. For example, we collect:
- Product use data. We collect data about the features you use and the application pages you visit.
- Device, connectivity and configuration data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device. It also includes IP address and may include regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience with them. This data helps us to diagnose problems in the products you use, and to improve our products and provide solutions. Depending on your product and settings, error reports can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files you were using when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
- Troubleshooting and Help Data. When you engage Emojilike for troubleshooting and help, we collect data about you and your hardware, software, and other details related to the incident. Such data includes contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with Emojilike, data about the condition of the machine and the application when the fault occurred and during diagnostics, and data about software installations and hardware configurations.
Content. The information that you contribute through the Service is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, check-ins, comments, likes, posts, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information through the Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
Communication. When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and Emojilike itself. You can manage some of your messaging preferences here, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Emojilike. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Service, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Emojilike, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Service’s functionality, improve the Service’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations.
Two primary uses described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the products we offer, and (2) to send communications.
Providing and improving our products. We use data to provide and improve the products we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the products, maintaining and improving the performance of the products, developing new features, conducting research, and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing the Products. We use data to provide our products to you. Often, those products include personalized features and recommendations that enhance your productivity and enjoyment, and automatically tailor your product experiences based on the data we have about your activities and interests.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose product problems and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product Improvement. We use data to continually improve our products, including adding new features or capabilities. For example, we use error reports to improve security features and usage data to determine what new features to prioritize.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and our customers, to detect and prevent fraudulent or malicious activity and to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
Communications. We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email or other means to let you know when there is a security issue, update you or inquire about a service request, invite you to participate in a survey, or tell you that you need to take action to keep your account active.
When We Share Personal Information
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to provide any solution or service you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as when you send a message to someone in the Emojilike community or link accounts with another service.
We share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data, including your content when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent malicious activity or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of Emojilike, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services.
Please note that some of our products may include links to products of third parties whose privacy practices differ from Emojilike’s. If you provide personal data to any of those products, your data is governed by their privacy statements.
Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information (EEA Individuals Only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for processing your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process personal information about you to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our website and communicate with you as necessary to provide our products and services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest. These legitimate interests include, for example, responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Information
You can view, edit, or delete your personal data online from within Emojilike Services or by contacting Emojilike directly.
Notice to End Users
Emojilike is intended for use by individuals and organizations, and may be administered to you by your organization. Your use of Emojilike may be subject to your organization's policies, if any. If your organization is administering your use of Emojilike, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator. When you use features of Emojilike, other users in your Emojilike community may see some of your activity. Emojilike is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to Emojilike. For that reason, Emojilike never knowingly allows registration of users under the age of 18. Additionally, Emojilike does not collect or maintain information through the mobile application from users Emojilike actually knows are under 18 years of age.
Emojilike products and services are not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13 (such as a child’s name or e-mail address). If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register with our Services or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Please contact us if you think we may have collected information from a child under the age of 13.
The foregoing, however, does not preclude an individual who is under the age of 18 from participating in a Channel Location Encounter (as such term is defined in Emojilike’s End User License Agreement (the “Agreement“)) provided such individual’s parent, legal representative, attorney-in-fact, guardian or other legal caretaker consents to the individual’s involvement in the Channel Location Encounter. It is hereby acknowledged and agreed that it shall be the responsibility of the Channel Operator (as such term is defined in the Agreement), and not Emojilike, to obtain verifiable consent of such parents, legal representatives, attorneys-in-fact, guardians, or other legal caretakers.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Non-personal information is information that cannot be traced back to a living individual. There are no restrictions to the way Emojilike can use or share non-personal information. Without limitation, we will use non-personal information to help us make our products more useful to visitors and for other business purposes. We may prepare reports and other materials using non-personal information. Since these reports and materials contain no personal information, we may share them with others.
All information that is not personal to you or someone else, such as questions, comments, ideas and suggestions (collectively “Feedback”) shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and Emojilike shall be free to disclose and use the same, for any purpose and through any means, without any obligation whatsoever to you. By choosing to send a message to Emojilike, you acknowledge that all Feedback will be considered to be non-confidential. Emojilike shall have no obligations of any kind with respect to such Feedback, and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, commercialize, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation. Further, Emojilike shall be free to use any ideas, inventions, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such Feedback.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding your personal information. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Channel Operator Data. If you are accessing Emojilike services as an employee, representative, or agent of one of our channel operators, and you wish to make any changes to individually identifiable information associated with that channel operator, you may need to do so through that channel operator. If the channel operator requests Emojilike to remove the individually identifiable data data, we will respond to their request promptly, within a reasonable period of time, but no longer than 30 days.
- User Data. If you are accessing Emojilike services as an individual user, and you wish to make any changes to your contact information, you can do so directly through our application and services. If you would no longer like to receive communications from Emojilike, you may request this directly from Emojilike and we will cease communications. If you wish to stop receiving communications from a channel operator, please contact the channel operator that you interact with directly. If you request Emojilike to remove your individually identifiable data, we will respond to your request promptly, within a reasonable period of time.
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive information about our products or services, please contact us at (775) 464-1583. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Push Notifications. We may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile apps to send you updates and other service related notifications that may be of importance to you. You may opt-out from receiving these types of communications, at any time, by contacting our support team at (775) 464-1583.
Rights of individuals in the EEA
If you are a resident of the EEA, you also have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Emojilike” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Emojilike” heading below.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority (the contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries are available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm).
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Also, for general users on our website, please contact us at (775) 464-1583.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website whom are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at (775) 464-1583.
How to Contact Emojilike
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question, please contact us by phone at (775) 464-1583. We will respond to questions or concerns within 30 days.